• 500 g taro (about 1 palm-sized taro), peeled and diced
• 50 g dried shrimps, washed, soaked, and drained (retain the water for soaking)
• 3 garlic cloves, chopped
• 3 shallots, chopped
• 1 stalk spring onion, diced
Seasonings (mix well):
• 1/2 tsp. salt (cut down this amount if you add in water for soaking dried shrimps)
• 1/2 tsp. sugar
• 1/2 tsp. pepper
• 1/2 tsp. chicken stock granules
1. Peel the taro and cut into cubes. Wash, rinse, and pat dry. Set aside.
2. Heat up 2 tbsp. oil over low heat to saute the dried shrimps,
3. chopped garlic, and chopped shallots until fragrant.
4. Pour in 600 ml. water, including water for soaking dried shrimps,
5. add in taro, and bring to a boil.
6. Stir in the seasoning mixture, cover with a lid, and simmer over low heat for about 2 minutes.
7. Open the lid, stir constantly over low heat until the liquid is fully evaporated.
8. Sprinkle with chopped spring onions. Serve hot.