Purple Sweet Potato
• 1 large piece purple sweet potato (peeled)
• ¼ cup sago (rinsed and drained)
• 2 tbsp caster sugar
• 3 blades pandan leaves (cut into small pieces)
• 200ml water
• 200ml evaporated milk
1. Place the purple sweet potato on a steaming plate and steamed at preheated steamer on high heat until soft. Remove and leave to cool completely before cutting into cubes.
2. Bring 1000ml of water to a boil. Add in sago and continue to simmer on medium high heat, stirring occasionally until it turns almost translucent. Turn off heat and cover with lid to let it stand for 5 minutes.
3. Drain the sago on a sieve over running water and place the cooked sago in a bowl with some water and set aside.
4. In a saucepan, add in caster sugar, pandan leaves and 200ml of water. Bring to a boil and continue to simmer until the sugar dissolved. Discard the pandan leaves and transfer the sugar water into a mixing bowl.
5. Add in 200ml of evaporated milk, stir to combine.
6. Add in purple sweet potato and sago. Stir to combine.
7. Ladle half portions each into 2 separate serving bowls. Serve.