• 1 lb Angled Chinese Okra
• 2 slice Ginger, thinly sliced
• 1 Shallot, sliced
• ½ White pepper powder
• ½ tbsp Cooking wine
• 2 tbsp Water
1. Peel the Chinese okra skin especially the hard ridges using a fruit peeler
2. Cut the Chinese okra into 2 x 2 chucks diagonally to give more open surface area (so more flavor will be absorbed)
3. Over high heat, quickly brown the sliced ginger and shallot in 2 tbsp of oil.
4. Add Chinese okra and turn it quickly to incorporate. Add cooking wine and water. Cook with a lid on for about 4 minutes. Turn periodically. The Chinese okra is done when it turns soft. Add salt and sesame oil to finish.