• 1 bitter melon (about 5-6 oz)
• 3-4 large eggs (about 2/3-3/4 cup beaten eggs)
• olive oil
• dash of fish sauce (or soy sauce or more salt to keep it vegetarian)
• black pepper
1. Slice bitter melon in half length-wise and scoop out all the white, soft part with seeds inside. Slice very thinly into half-moons.
2. Put the bitter melon slices into a bowl and cover with cold water. Add about a teaspoon of salt to the bowl and soak the bitter melon for 20-30 minutes. Then drain.
3. Crack eggs into a bowl and beat well. Season with a pinch of salt.
4. Place a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and then add drained bitter melon slices. Sauté until they start to turn slightly yellow, or until they are soft to your liking. Season with salt and a dash of fish sauce.
5. Lower the heat to low – medium low. Spread bitter melon slices evenly on the pan and then pour beaten eggs into the pan.
6. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to pull the eggs towards the center of the pan to form large curds. You will have bitter melon slices and egg curds pile up in the center of the pan. Flip the pile over, then give everything in the pan a quick stir. This should be done quickly to avoid over-cooking the eggs.
7. Once the eggs are cooked to your liking, transfer everything to a serving plate. Sprinkle freshly cracked black pepper on top.